Monday, April 4, 2011

Wiki maintenance

Today I finally figured out what was up with our sidebar. Apparently wikispaces updated their sidebar from a plain page-list widget to a proper navigation widget. You can now sort the pages - according to tags. So I went through all the pages, added another tag for which unit they belonged to and added those pages, grouped, to the sidebar. To bad wikispaces doesn't offer many batch operations. Well, when I was all finished, I noticed, wikispaces had converted all capital letters of the heading for topic 3 to lower-case letters. It took quite a bit of time and tricking of the system to convert them into upper-case letters again, because tags in wikispaces don't actually support capital letters.

Anyway, as a side note: I found out, there is a setting now, that non-members of our wiki can comment on pages in the discussion tab. I am pretty sure that option wasn't there before (given that one doesn't open the wiki completely, off course).
So, feel free to comment, ask, suggest improvements, etc :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment