Monday, March 14, 2011

Java + dossier

I made some advances in Java in the last couple of weeks and I'm getting closer & closer to the interesting parts such as object orientated programming. I didn't really like the idea of learning Java at the beginning - it is comparibly slow (vs. C, for ex.) but on the other hand it is very widely spread. So if you are able to program Java, you can program extensions, add-ons, programs and apps for browsers, mobile phones, all different OSes, etc. I think it will be worth it in the end.

Hm for the dossier next year... I think the first step would be to find a client. Usually the client will tell you what he/she needs. From previous experiences some ideas of projects could be a bibliography creator or a tax computation program. It will most probably be an office program in the end, since my Java skills will probably not be enough for a game, for instance and Java wouldn't be the best option for more complex games either. Well, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment